PINEAPPLE SHRIMP KABOBS INGREDIENTS
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. frozen peeled & deveined shrimp
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. catsup
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- Dash onion powder
- 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple chunks (juice pack), drained
- 1/4 c. cashews or peanuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Hot cooked rice
1. Place frozen shrimp in a colander. Run cool water over shrimp just until thawed. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. Meanwhile, stir together soy sauce, catsup, ginger and onion powder. Set aside. Alternately thread four 12 inch skewers with shrimp and pineapple chunks. Place the skewers on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Brush with some of the soy mixture.
3. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 2 minutes. Turn kabobs. Brush with more soy mixture. Broil 1-3 minutes more or until shrimp turns pink. Brush with remaining soy mixture. Stir cashews or peanuts into hot cooked rice. Serve kabobs with rice. Garnish with celery leaves, if desired. Makes 2 servings.